Terms and conditions of entry to our zoos
- General admission pre-purchased tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and cannot be extended
- Single entry only
- Valid only at the specified property
- Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets cannot be replaced.
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right to request proof of age. Children 15 years and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult. An adult is deemed to be any person aged 16 years or older.
In the interests of safety and for your enjoyment, we also recommend that you apply the following minimum child to adult ratio when visiting our zoos:
- Children under 5 years: 1 adult to 3 children
- Children 5 – 8 years: 1 adult to 6 children
- Children 9 – 15 years: 1 adult to 10 children
Terms and conditions of entry
The Zoological Parks and Gardens Board (The Board), under Section 41 (1) (i) Zoological Parks and Gardens Act 1995, set the terms and conditions of entry to the zoological parks managed land under its administration.
A person must not, while in the zoological parks and managed land:
- Without permission, take or bring animals into its property, with the exception of Assistance Dogs which are permitted to enter all Zoos Victoria properties.
- Carry an inflated balloon or allow balloons to be blown or be littered.
- Offer food to the animals.
- Disobey or fail to comply with a notice, sign or direction erected by the Board.
- Without permission use or bring in a skateboard, roller blades or similar apparatus, bicycle or tricycle, or sporting equipment, that may be a danger to animals or persons.
- Play games or sports such as cricket, football or any other games or throw items that may be a danger or cause nuisance to persons.
- Without permission wade, swim or bathe in any lake, pond, stream or dam on its property.
- Light a fire other than in a place provided for that purpose.
- Mark, deface, write on, in any way damage any of the Board’s property.
- Without permission play, use or operate musical instruments, equipment and items (whistles and water pistols) that may interfere, disrupt or annoy animals or other person.
- Without permission erect structure such as tents, beach umbrellas or similar structures within its property.
- Without permission hawk, sell or offer for sale or hire any items or distribute handbills, pamphlets, notices or other advertising materials.
- Without permission take photographs, film or make drawings or paintings of the zoological parks and managed land for the purpose of public display, broadcast or transmission, or use in the promotion or sale of goods.
- Without permission deliver any public lecture or public speech of any kind.
- Without permission park a vehicle in the zoological parks and managed land.
- Light or smoke cigarettes or e-cigarettes on any part of the premises.
- Children under 15 years of age must be supervised by a person (16 years or older).
Visitors who breach any terms and conditions of entry will be asked to cease these activities. Failure to comply will result in visitors being escorted off zoo property.
The Board has the authority to close the zoo or any part thereof, including any animal exhibit or show, at any time the Board deems it necessary and will not be liable for any loss or expense occurred by a visitor as the result of such closure.