- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Animal Adoptions Terms and Conditions
Animal Adoptions fund animal care and important threatened species conservation initiatives at Zoos Victoria. By Adopting an Animal and making regular automatic payments via your credit card, you are helping Zoos Victoria to forecast future income so we are able to commit to ongoing long term projects that protect animals and secure their future. Zoos Victoria is a non profit organisation and is a deductible gift recipient which means Adoption is fully tax deductible.
By choosing automatic payments you are also helping to reduce our administration costs. Automatic payments save time as we do not need to send and receive reminder notices in the post saving you and Zoos Victoria time and money. Automatic payments are therefore the best choice for you, Zoos Victoria and the animals.
- You can choose to pay monthly or annually.
- Animals Adoptions currently require (per animal) a minimum of $15 per month payment or $180 per year. It is possible to pay more than this minimum amount.
- Visa, MasterCard, Diners and American Express credit cards.
- Cheque or money order (yearly only).
- Currently BPAY, Direct Debit Request and PayPal are not available.
- Contact us on 03 9340 2759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change your payment details.
Zoos Victoria is a not-for-profit conservation organisation. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible, less the non tax deductible cost of minor benefits (e.g. zoo tickets or soft toy). If you make automatic payment during the year you will receive an official receipt in July. This will show your tax-deductible donations made to Zoos Victoria Foundation in the previous financial year.
Other Important Information Regarding Automatic Payments and Animal Adoptions
This section is regarding payments from approved credit cards. Please read this information carefully. It provides details of our commitment to you as having an official Payment Agreement and your responsibilities as a Supporter.
Our commitment to you regarding your regular payments
- Once we receive your automatic payment request (hereinafter referred to as the Payment Agreement), we will confirm your payment details in writing, including the amount to be charged to your nominated credit card, the frequency and date of commencement of the Payment Agreement. Your Payment Agreement can be provided face to face/over the telephone with a Zoos Victoria staff or representative via the Zoos Victoria website, via a form/brochure/letter via fax or received by Zoos Victoria postal address.
- You authorise, unless you otherwise notify us, small increases in the monthly Animal Adoption rate to cover future rises in costs. We will advise you in advance of any changes we plan to make to the amount or frequency of your payments. You will then have 45 days to contact us in writing if you wish to alter these new arrangements.
- The first payment will be charged within two business days of receipt, and subsequent payments will be charged on the first business day of each month.
- If payment is returned unpaid by your nominated financial institution due to insufficient funds, we will attempt to re-submit this item within 60 days of the initial attempt. We will also attempt to contact you to notify you of the payment rejecting and seek alternative arrangements.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Payment Agreement with you if two or more payments are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution. We will contact you to arrange an alternative payment method.
- We endeavor to send out an Animal Adoption welcome pack within 3 business days of receipt and we shall do our utmost to ensure prompt delivery, however we cannot guarantee the delivery within a specific timeframe. We ask you to allow at least 10 days for delivery. If your Animal Adoption is urgent please notify us to arrange the details. We are able to reprint and email welcome packs. Please contact us to reissue any welcome packs that you have not received.
- We cannot take responsibility for any bank charges levied by your financial institution for rejected transactions in your nominated account. If you cancel your Animal Adoption we do not provide refunds for any previous donations.
- Animal Adoptions can also be purchased as a gift for someone else (e.g. a friend, family member, colleague). Zoos Victoria does not take any responsibility for Animal Adoptions received as a gift and should be viewed as a philanthropic donation to fund threatened species conservation programs and animal care at our three zoos.
- Animals Adoption contributions cannot be transferred to specific funds or areas of Zoos Victoria.
Your commitment to us regarding your regular payments
As part of your ongoing commitment to Adopting an Animal, it is important for you to please undertake the following:
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet the requirements of our agreement on each due date.
- Contact us and arrange a suitable alternative payment method if your automatic payments are cancelled either by you or by the Financial Institution where your nominated account is based.
- If you change your contact details we ask you to notify us as soon as possible we are able to provide you with ongoing communications.
- Please add our email address (below) to your contact’s list. It is best if both you and your gift recipient do this as due to spam filters, it is possible for e-communications to bounce from your email accounts which will prevent you from receiving our regular newsletter.
- Your contribution is a donation and we ask if you could make 12 months commitment to adopting an animal. You can however terminate this arrangement at any time by giving notice within 5 business days of your next scheduled debit. We will then confirm cancellation of the agreement in writing.
- You may stop payment of an individual transaction of a payment by providing us with notice at least five business days before the due date of the next direct debit transaction or through your nominated Financial Institution.
- You may request changes to the payment amount and/or frequency of the automatic payment agreement transactions by providing us with notice at least five business days before the due date of the next direct debit transaction. We will then confirm these new arrangements in writing.
- Where you consider that an automatic payment has been transacted incorrectly (i.e. outside the Payment Agreement) you should contact Zoos Victoria immediately or lodge a query to us or through your nominated Financial Institution. We will respond to your query within seven business days.
Zoos Victoria Contact Details:
For any matters concerning your donation or Animal Adoption please contact:
Zoos Victoria Wild Adoptions
PO Box 74, Parkville, Vic, 3052
03 9340 2759
96 913 959 053
Last updated 19/08/2015