Baby Elephant Naming Competition - Terms and conditions
Zoos Victoria’s “Baby Elephant Naming Competition” with the Hotel Windsor (herein after referred to as "the Contest") will award a winner with an overnight stay for a family of four (4) in a Grand Victorian Suite at the Windsor Hotel including afternoon tea and breakfast. Prize is valued up to $1500 and redemption is subject to availability. Prize must be redeemed prior to 30 June, 2014. Exclusion dates apply. Once confirmed, bookings are subject to the Hotel Windsor’s standard booking policy. Upgrades and extensions are subject to availability and will be subject to standard pricing. Prize is not refundable or redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to travel, spending money, meals, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Except as provided in Rule10, the Contest is open to all Zoos Victoria members who are 18 years of age or older.
- How to enter:
- Entries open on Thursday 16 January 2014 and close on Wednesday 29 January 2014 at midnight (EDST); “the Competition period”.
- Qualified applicants will need to vote for their preferred Elephant name at Zoos Victoria’s website for entry and supply valid contact details. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Neither Zoos Victoria nor the Windsor Hotel will be responsible for incomplete, late, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Only one entry per email address will be accepted and the time of entry will be in each case the time the entry is received by Zoos Victoria the host of the website.
- Entry in this competition shall be deemed to be an acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Winner will be selected at random at the Zoos Victoria office on Thursday 30 January 2014 from among all eligible entries received
- The winner will be notified via email no later than Friday 31 January 2014. Hotel Windsor staff will work with the winners to arrange the hotel stay for a date that is suitable for both the hotel and the winner. Announcement of the winners will also be posted on the Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor Facebook and Twitter pages. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of that winner. If the prize is not claimed within 14 days of prize notification, winner surrenders claim and another winner will be selected in his/her place. In this instance, participants in the second selection process will consist of all non-winning entrants, who will be automatically entered in the Contest. The winner in the second Contest will be notified no later than 24 February 2014. No further selection of winners will be conducted.
- Any decision of Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor relating to the interpretation or application of these rules or the conduct of the Contest shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the result or prize awarded.
- The Contest is open to all Zoos Victoria Members aged 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Zoos Victoria or Windsor Hotel and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Zoos Victoria board members are also not eligible. If it is found that a person who does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth in these rules has submitted an entry, that entry will be deemed ineligible and any prize awarded shall be revoked.
- Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor are not responsible for any error in the transmission of online entries.
- Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor to use a winner's name for any promotional, advertising, or Internet usage without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Zoos Victoria and the Hotel Windsor and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees and assigns, from and against any and all claims, loss, damage, expenses, and/or liability arising from or out of the use or non-use of the Prize.
- Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor reserve the right to require the winner to provide proof of identity.
- Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor reserve the right to change the Contest Official Rules or terminate the Contest without notice. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Zoos Victoria and Hotel Windsor shall not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of Prize.
ABN:969 139 59053
Parkville, VIC 3051
Phone: 03 9340 2700