- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Habitats under threat
Saving our threatened animals begins with taking action to reduce our impact on the habitats where they live.
The habitats of many animals are disappearing. This program encourages students to consider the habitat of selected species, the threats they face and some simple actions that they could take to use resources more sustainably and reduce their impact on animals and their habitat.
- Check out Actwild.org.au and register as a new user.
- Watch the short video (top of page) about how to help save Eastern Barred Bandicoots.
- A newborn Eastern Barred Bandicoot is almost the same size as a five cent coin. Organise a Common Cents Challenge back at school to support Zoos Victoria help this species fight extinction.
- Take a photo that shows what you're doing at school to help local wildlife. Then upload your photo with a caption to our Act Wild Gallery
- Get creative and show your love for our local threatened wildlife. Create your own video mashup about Eastern Barred Bandicoots then share your creation with the world!
Habitats Under Threat addresses AusVELS levels 3-6 standards. It supports the cross-curriculum priorities of Sustainability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures and addresses achievements in the domains of Science, Interpersonal Development, Personal Learning, Civics and Citizenship, English, Humanities, Communication and Thinking Processes.