- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
International Conservation Grants
What are they?
- Zoos Victoria’s International Conservation Grants build on our longstanding commitment to international conservation partnerships. The grants recognise engaging with and building the capacity of people to save wildlife is a significant challenge, and one that we believe is essential if we are to secure sustainable long-term conservation outcomes for wildlife.
- Grant bids will be accepted up to AUD 20,000 for approved 12 month projects.
What is the theme?
- The theme for the 2013 round of grants is ‘Wildlife Conservation through Community Engagement’. This recognises the importance of engaging people in protecting wildlife, whilst building social capacity, both of which are critical for the conservation of wildlife.
- Approaches that influence the adoption of conservation sensitive-behaviours will be favoured.
- Projects supported through this program must demonstrate meaningful on-ground benefits to both wildlife and people.
- Applications are open from 1 August - 31 October 2013.
- Successful applicants will be notified by early December 2013 and projects are to be completed by 1 November 2014.
- Final project reports will be required by 1 December 2014.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any organisation or group able to undertake projects that meet the above theme are eligible to apply.
- Projects must be submitted using the Zoos Victoria Conservation Grants Application Form.