- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Melbourne Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- Assisting visitors with information
- Providing guided tours
- Assisting with school holiday programs
- Working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- Zoos Victoria supplies a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Visitor Services Volunteers - Recruitment now open!
Zoos Victoria is seeking passionate and committed people for the role of Visitor Services Volunteer located at Melbourne Zoo.
Visitor Services Volunteers are friendly, engaging, courteous, outgoing, helpful, flexible and responsive to customer needs.
We are looking for volunteers who have good understanding of best practice customer service with skills in understanding and adapting to a range of visitor needs and who can adapt to an unpredictable environment, remain calm under pressure and work cooperatively with others.
The selection process for this role includes attending an assessment centre on one of the following dates:
Sucessful applicants will then be required to complete a training course held on either:
All Zoos Victoria Volunteers must complete both modules.
To apply, please read the role description for details.
Due to the high number of enquiries we receive, we regret we are unable to take Expressions of Interest outside the recruitment period or keep applications on file.
For further information about volunteering at Melbourne Zoo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org