- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Melbourne Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- Assisting visitors with information
- Providing guided tours
- Assisting with school holiday programs
- Working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required (eg. once a fortnight)
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Learning Experiences Volunteers - recruitment closed
Zoos Victoria is currently recruiting volunteers who are able to support the Learning Experience Team at Melbourne Zoo in delivering fun and educational programs for participants aged 3 – 18 years, in general administration and research tasks and in the delivery of engaging student and teacher conferences.
Volunteer applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre on either Wednesday 12 March or Tuesday 18 March 2014 to ensure they understand the role and are comfortable committing to it.
Successful assessment centre participants must attend and complete training on the specified date.
Training for conferences will be undertaken immediately prior to each event.
Please ensure you are available for the Assessment Centre and Core Module training as well as the Kids Go Wild specialist training if applicable.
Detailed information on this role can be found in the Role Description.
Further information on volunteering
For further information about volunteering at Melbourne Zoo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.