- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Melbourne Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- Assisting visitors with information
- Providing guided tours
- Assisting with school holiday programs
- Working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Visitor Services Volunteer-recruitment open! (closes Oct 9th)
Melbourne Zoo is currently accepting applications in the role of Visitor Service Volunteer (VSV).
Becoming a VSV could be your gateway to other volunteering opportunities at Melbourne Zoo such as:
- Visitor Engagement
- Tour Guide
- Learning Experiences
- Keeper Kids
- Are you a "people person" enthusiastic about delivering excellent customer service and committed to providing visitors with an outstanding and memorable visit to Melbourne Zoo?
- Can you commit to one day per week between the hours of 8.45am-4.30pm?
- Are you available to attend training in October and begin volunteering in November?
- Are you looking to volunteer with a team dedicated to the aims and objectives of fighting extinction and becoming the world’s leading zoo based conservation organisation?
- Would you like your hard work and commitment to reward you with the feeling that you have contributed to connecting people to our animals and their stories?
Further information about this role can be found in the Role Description
Please note: due to the high number of enquiries we have regarding volunteering with Zoos Victoria we regret we are unable to take expressions of interest outside the recruitment period.
For further information about volunteering at Melbourne Zoo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.