- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Melbourne Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- Assisting visitors with information
- Providing guided tours
- Assisting with school holiday programs
- Working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required (eg. once a fortnight)
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Facilitated Play Volunteers- recruitment closed
Volunteers will help inspire connections with wildlife and wild places in Growing Wild and Keeper Kids, two play-based learning zones for 3-8 year olds - the first of its kind in Australia.
Detailed information about this role can be found in the Role Description.
Learning Experiences Volunteers - recruitment closed
Support the Learning Experience Team at Melbourne Zoo in delivering fun and educational programs for participants aged 3 – 18 years, in general administration and research tasks and in the delivery of engaging student and teacher conferences.
Detailed information on this role can be found in the Role Description.
Please note: due to the high number of enquiries we have regarding volunteering with Zoos Victoria we regret we are unable to take expressions of interest outside the recruitment period.
For further information about volunteering at Melbourne Zoo, please email email@example.com.