- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Melbourne Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- assisting visitors with information
- providing guided tours
- assisting with school holiday programs
- working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required (eg. once a fortnight)
Current Volunteering Opportunities
We are not currently recruiting for Visitor Engagement Volunteers at Melbourne Zoo, please check back again soon.
Visitor Engagement Volunteer – recruitment closed
Visitor Engagement Volunteers will engage with visitors to help fight extinction. They will be advocates for our conservation campaigns, they will foster connections between our visitors and wildlife through lead activities and talks in award-winning precincts such as Trail of the Elephants, Gorilla Rainforest and Wild Sea.
Applications have now closed.
Further information on volunteering
For further information about volunteering at Melbourne Zoo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.