Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- Assisting visitors with information
- Providing guided tours
- Assisting with school holiday programs
- Working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- Zoos Victoria supplies a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment required
Current Volunteering Opportunities
We are not currently recruiting for roles at Melbourne Zoo.
Please note: Due to the high number of enquiries we receive, we regret we are unable to take Expressions of Interest outside the recruitment period or keep applications on file.