- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Werribee Open Range Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- assisting visitors with information
- providing guided tours
- assisting with school holiday programs
- working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items.
Things you need to know....
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties.
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions.
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training.
- We supply a uniform.
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment set (ie once a fortnight)
Current volunteering opportunities
Volunteer Visitor Host - recruitment closed
Volunteer Visitor Hosts will be part of the face of Werribee Open Range Zoo, helping visitors to get the most from their visit through excellent customer service and helping visitors fight extinction by advocating for our conservation campaigns.
This is a great introduction to volunteering with Zoos Victoria. If you are confident and outgoing with a passion for wildlife and wild places, this may be the role for you.
Details about this role and volunteering requirements can be found by clicking on the role description.
Volunteer Visitor Host (PDF 390.08KB)
For information about this role or other opportunities at Werribee Open Range Zoo contact Tara Tyerman, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 9731 9616.
Further information about volunteering with Zoos Victoria can be obtained by contacting, Marg Joiner, Volunteer Program Manager or call on 9340 2737.