- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Werribee Open Range Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- assisting visitors with information
- providing guided tours
- assisting with school holiday programs
- working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items.
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment set (ie. once a fortnight).
Current volunteering opportunities
Facilitated Play Volunteer- applications closed
We are currently recruiting volunteers to assist in an exciting new play-based learning space at Werribee Open Range Zoo.Volunteers who have experience in early childhood education, teaching, facilitated play and/or open to learning are invited to apply.
Details about this role and volunteering requirements can be found by clicking on the role description.
Role description- Facilitated play volunteer (Pdf 84.86KB)
Visitor Engagement Volunteer - applications closed
Visitor Engagement Volunteers will engage with visitors to help fight extinction. They will be advocates for our conservation campaigns, and will foster connections between our visitors and wildlife through animal-based encounters, and leading activities and talks in our various zoo trails.
See the role description for further information
Visitor Engagement Volunteer (PDF 40 KB)
For information about this role or other opportunities at Werribee Open Range Zoo contact Tara Tyerman, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (03) 9731 9616.
Further information about volunteering with Zoos Victoria can be obtained by contacting, Marg Joiner, Volunteer Program Manager or call on (03) 9340 2737.