- Unlimited entry
- Kids register for FREE
- Help fight extinction
Volunteer at Werribee Open Range Zoo
Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- assisting visitors with information
- providing guided tours
- assisting with school holiday programs
- working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items.
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment set (ie. once a fortnight).
Current volunteering opportunities
Facilitated Play Volunteer- Ranger Kids-now open
We are currently recruiting volunteers to assist in an exciting new play-based learning space at Werribee Open Range Zoo.Volunteers who have experience in early childhood education, teaching, facilitated play and/or open to learning are invited to apply.
Details about this role and volunteering requirements can be found by clicking on the role description.
Role description- Facilitated play volunteer (Pdf 84.86KB)
Please note: Due to the high number of enquiries we recieve we are unable to take expressions of interest outside the recruitment period.
For information about this role or other opportunities at Werribee Open Range Zoo contact Tara Tyerman, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or by phoning (03) 9731 9616.
Further information about volunteering with Zoos Victoria can be obtained by contacting, Marg Joiner, Volunteer Program Manager or call on (03) 9340 2737.