Volunteering with Zoos Victoria provides exciting opportunities in many areas of the Zoo’s operations including:
- assisting visitors with information
- providing guided tours
- assisting with school holiday programs
- working behind the scenes to create animal enrichment items.
Things you need to know:
- Volunteering with Zoos Victoria does not involve animal keeping duties
- Volunteers do not receive preference for paid positions
- Volunteers cannot commence their duties until they have satisfactorily completed the required training
- We supply a uniform
- Depending on the task or role there may be a minimum level of commitment set (ie. once a fortnight).
Current volunteering opportunities
We are not currently recruiting please check later in the year.
Please note: Due to the high number of enquiries we recieve we are unable to take expressions of interest outside the recruitment period.
For information about opportunities at Werribee Open Range Zoo contact Tara Tyerman, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (03) 9731 9616.
Further information about volunteering with Zoos Victoria contact Marg Joiner, Volunteer Program Manager or call on (03) 9340 2737.