- Plan your visit
- What's on
- Wild encounters
Kids Go Wild
Go wild these school holidays and experience the sights and sounds of Melbourne Zoo.
Designed especially for primary school students*, this full day program will take you on a journey to see some of our amazing animals that call Melbourne Zoo home.
The day will start getting to know your Kids Go Wild Leaders and fellow group members before your adventure around the Zoo commences. Throughout the day you will you will get the chance to hear from our keepers and learn what makes our animals so special, play games and participate in fun activities with other kids who are as wild about animals as you are.
Kids Go Wild is an outdoor, all-weather program; be prepared for rain, hail and sunshine. In the event of inclement weather, outdoor sessions will be substituted for indoor activities.
What to bring
Please ensure participants bring the following items:
- Hat and sunscreen
- Drink bottle
- Rubbish-free morning tea, lunch & snacks
- Closed-toe footwear
- 1 x medical form per participant
- *This program is designed for primary school children aged 5 to 10 years old, however 11 to 12 year olds are welcome to attend. Five-year-olds must currently be attending primary school.
- Parents/Guardians are required to sign their child in/out and provide a medical form for each day their child participates. Parents/guardians are unable to stay for the duration of the program.
- If booking for more than one day, all efforts are made to ensure activities and experiences vary on a daily basis. However due to animal availability and weather conditions, repetition of some activities may occur.
Zoo Members: $89 (per day)
$99 (per day) for all other participants.
Includes admission to Melbourne Zoo and small fruit snack
Please call 1300 966 784 to reserve your place.
- Payment is required at time of booking.
- Strictly limited numbers
- Bookings are not refundable
Add to your calendar
Thursday 29 September
Friday 16 and Saturday 17 December
Daily at Melbourne Zoo
May to September 2016
Saturday 17 September to Sunday 2 October 2016