Werribee Open Range Zoo is famous for its amazing animals and the natural beauty of its landscapes, ranging from the African savannah and Victorian basalt plains grasslands, to our hippopotamus marsh.
Where better to have your next special event?
We offer a variety of sites and experiences in an African animal setting, including outdoor dining at the African Village and the picturesque backdrop of Lakeside Cove.
The African Village offers the outdoor experience of dining in an authentic African style hut.
It’s an ideal choice for corporate or social events looking for an atmospheric setting or a dining destination with a difference.
The large grassy surrounds are an inviting place for guests to relax or children to play – or for corporate games or exercises.
The four huts can be hired together or individually for a more intimate gathering.
They can hold anywhere between 80 and 1500 guests.
- BBQ catering options only
- Minimum numbers apply to catering
- Capacity 1,500 people
- Good access for the disabled
- Vehicle access
Lakeside Cove offers picturesque views of gorillas on the distant Core Island.
It’s the perfect location for your wedding ceremony.
- Details of registration tables, chairs and license for photography within Werribee Open Range Zoo are available on request
- The Volcanic Plains area is not available for photography