What happens next after you have applied for a role with Zoos Victoria?
Shortly after submitting an application, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please get in contact with us to ensure your application has been received.
The Selection Process
- Applications will be short listed by the recruiting manager based on relevant skills and experience.
- Applicants who meet the Key Selection Criteria will invited to interview by phone after the closing application date.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email after the closing application date.
- Successful applicants will be invited to interview. Depending on the role this may be conducted as an inidvidual interview, a group interview, or a phone screening and may consist of up to two rounds of interviews.
- The next stage will depend on the role type but it could involve a pre-employment medical, psychometric testing and reference checking of up to two referees.
- Successful applicants will be offered the position via phone.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via phone.
Group Interviews for some roles
Successful applicants applying for some roles such as education officer, grounds presentation staff, Zoo Keeper, or retail and sales assistant may be invited to a group interview. These Assessment Centres are group interviews that take up most of the day. They include a number of different activities directly related to the vacant position and can include an additional interview at the end of the day.
You’ve got the job!
Successful applicants will be made a verbal offer of employment via phone. If this is accepted, an employment contract and new starter pack will be posted to the successful applicant.