COVID-Safe Information for Schools
We are operating in accordance with the Victorian Government's advice. As with everything right now, things are a little different to normal so please read the FAQs below.
The following adult-to-student ratios apply:
Early childhood centres and kindergardens: 1:3
Foundation – Year 2: 1:5
Year 3 - Year 12: 1:5
Special Development Schools: 1:1
- As per the Victorian Government directions, school students on excursion are not required to show proof of vaccination. The activity must be organised by the school.
- Final numbers will be confirmed on the day but cannot increase once your initial booking has been made.
- Teachers remain responsible for students following safe physical distancing measures with other visitors in the zoo on the day of your excursion.
- Teachers and students will be required to carry a fitted face mask at all times and they are recommended to be worn indoors and outdoors where 1.5 metres of physical distancing cannot be maintained as per the current Department of Health guidelines.
- Students under the age of 8 are highly advised to maintain mask wearing during their visit, especially in indoor spaces.
- Fitted face masks are required at the Serval Presentation at Werribee Open Range Zoo if you are aged eight years and above to help keep our animals safe.
Things may look a little different at the zoos right now. Please check our COVID-19 FAQs closer to the time of your booking for the latest updates.
In times of a high volume of bus arrivals from multiple schools, please await instructions from a zoo staff member before disembarking from your bus. To facilitate a smooth entry process, we encourage you to administer your student numbers and attendance roll prior to disembarking.
To make things easier, we highly recommend your students bring their own backpack to wear all day and bring their own lunch and water bottles, rather than using communal lockers or buying food from the zoo cafes.
We do recommend your students wear face masks in situations where they are unable to physically distance from others at all four of our zoos.