- Visit our zoos
- Whats on
- Fighting extinction
- Get involved
- About us
Access for All 2014
Once again Zoos Victoria, with the support of IOOF Foundation and the Portland House Foundation, offer schools from disadvantaged and regionally isolated areas the opportunity to apply for funding to visit either Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, or Healesville Sanctuary to attend an interactive education session in Term I, 2014.
Access for All program timelines
- Applications closed at 4:30pm on Friday 1 November 2013
- Zoos Victoria notification to school applicants: Monday, 10 November 2013
- Visitation period Term 1, 2014 (10 February to 28 March 2014). Dates outside this time frame will not be considered, nor transferred to another school term in 2014 should the applicant be successful.
What is covered under the Access for All program*?
- travel to the zoo or sanctuary – transport costs may be 'part or fully' reimbursed to the school dependent on amount applied for* (maximum one 56-seat coach)
- student entry to one Zoos Victoria property and an education session – the learning programs available are outlined at education.
*Zoos Victoria reserves the right to allocate funding for a different amount of students than applied for, or part reimbursement of the bus cost to ensure equitable distribution of funds under the Access for All program.
*Maximum of 50 students per school (schools can attend with more students, however this is the maximum number granted via this funding).
Which schools are eligible?
- Open to schools in Victoria that are able to visit a Zoos Victoria property within the 2014 school year between the dates of 10 February 2014 to 28 March 2014.
- Priority will be given to schools that have not previously been able to visit the zoo in the last three years, listed as ‘disadvantaged' or from 'regionally isolated' areas.
- Schools from regionally isloated areas are encouraged to submit a joint application with other schools from their neighbouring areas (maximum 50 students, and one 56-seater coach).
- Applications must be endorsed by the school principal or the application will not be valid.
- Applications have attached a written quote from the transport provider or the application will not be valid.
- If successful, schools are required to complete an online evaluation form.
- This offer is valid for a Learning Programs Session (independent visitors without a lesson are excluded).
- This funding is not transferable between Zoos Victoria properties, nor can they be transferred to an alternative date outside Term I, 2014.
Schools can apply via the online form, supported by a written quote from the preferred bus company.
Zoos Victoria acknowledges the IOOF Foundation and The Portland House Foundation for their support and funding of this program.
How to apply
- Schools can apply via an online form, supported by a written quote from the preferred bus company.
- Applications close at 4:30pm on Friday 1 November 2013.
Sorry this has now closed for 2014 applications