Digital Program | Aussie Animal Adventurers
Our Aussie Animal Adventurers get a chance to meet our Aussie icons learn more about the unique animals who call this continent home.
Each program includes a 30-minute online workshop with a Sanctuary Teacher and a Teaching Guide filled with activities for your scope and sequence. While not a tour of Healesville Sanctuary, you will have direct access to your own expert Sanctuary Teacher and unique Healesville Sanctuary content.
Meet Australian animals and learn about the features, life cycles and habitats of these unique icons. Aussie Animal Adventurers gives students the chance to learn about the animals that make this land unique and how they depend each other and the environment to survive.
Learn about Wurundjeri connections to the land, how to care for wildlife and sustainably manage the world around us.
Students will learn:
- About the unique features, habitats and life cycles of Australian animals and how to group them accordingly
- How Australian animals depend on each other and the environment to survive
- How they can help to care for wildlife and the environment
- About Aboriginal history, culture and sustainability
Want to come face-to-face with our incredible wildlife and extend your students' learning in their environment? Book in an excursion to one of our three amazing zoos.
Use the activities in the Teaching Guide and Student Workbook (below) to spark students’ curiosity before their online workshop.
Connect and Understand
Students will learn about different kinds of animals, their features, habitats and life cycles and how to group them based on these differences. Students are encouraged to bring and consider questions about Australian animals, particularly endangered wildlife, and reflect upon the effect that humans have on native habitats and wildlife and consider how we can help care for these animals in the future.
Use activities in the Teaching Guide and Student Workbook to deepen students’ learning back at school.
Use the Teaching Guide to enable students to master their knowledge and skills in real-world contexts.
Victorian Curriculum 3-4
Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things (VCSSU057)
- Students will encounter Australian animals and learn to identify the variations in their features and group them accordingly
Different living things have different life cycles and depend on each other and the environment to survive (VCSSU058)
- Students will learn about the life cycles of different Australian animals and how they depend on the environment to survive
Science knowledge helps people to understand the effects of their actions (VCSSU056)
- Students will discover how science contributes to understanding and problem solving issues related to human impacts on native wildlife
The many Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout Australia, and the custodial responsibility they have for Country/Place, and how this influences views about sustainability (VCGGK080)
- Students will discover how the Wurundjeri peoples’ ways of living were adapted to the resources of their Country/Place
Types of natural vegetation and the significance of vegetation to the environment, the importance of environments to animals and people, and different views on how they can be protected; the use and management of natural resources and waste, and different views on how to do this sustainably (VCGGK082)
- Students will explore how vegetation provides habitat for animals and the sustainable use of natural resources
Online workshop details
Your online workshop will be hosted on Zoom.
All you need is a computer or device with internet access.
During the exclusive online workshop for your class, you will be able use the camera and microphone functions.
Students can also communicate with a Healesville Sanctuary Teacher by typing in the Chat box.
We will send out a link to join the program to the teacher that booked.
Join us ten minutes before your start time. Arriving early will enable us to check any tech issues and start your session on time.
Call 1300 966 784 to book an online workshop.
Credit card payment at time of booking. Cancellation must be made at least 10 business days prior to your booked workshop. If not, a cancellation fee of $180 will be invoiced.