Explore the characteristics of a freshwater wetland environment and the components of the ecosystem.
The pristine wetlands of Kyabram Fauna Park are home to a wide variety of biodiversity. Students will explore interrelationships between biotic and abiotic components, and the effects of natural changes including seasons, migration, and climate change.
Students will learn:
- About organisms and abiotic components that make wetlands
- About the characteristics and factors that affect wetland ecosystems
- How wetlands can change as a result of human impact
Use the activities in the Teaching Guide (below) to spark students’ curiosity before their zoo visit.
Connect and Understand
Students will view Kyabram Fauna Park’s wetlands and discover the abundance of life it supports. They will undertake species identification data collection. Students will learn how wetlands can be affected by human impact.
Your Park visit will include: an introduction to the day, Zoo Teacher workshop (60 minutes), and a self-guided walking trail. Check out your Teaching Guide for other ideas of what to do at the Park.
Use activities in the Teaching Guide to deepen students’ learning back at school.
Use the Teaching Guide to enable students to master their knowledge and skills in real-world contexts.
Program map and itineraries
Your booking confirmation email will list your group's education workshop time/s.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) – Outdoor and Environmental Studies
Area of Study 1: Investigating outdoor environments
- Students will explore the characteristics of different outdoor environments that make up Kyabram Fauna Park
- Students will explore the abiotic and biotic components of the environment and examine the human impact on wetlands
Plan your excursion
Exploring Wetlands is an outdoor all-weather program; the students will need appropriate clothing for weather conditions. This could include a raincoat, hat and sun protection.
School groups will enter Kyabram Fauna Park via the Main entrance. Organising teachers please check with in with our Admissions team upon arrival. More Information.
Book your excursion
Fill out an online form to request a booking for your Kyabram Fauna Park education experience.
If you need more information please email email@example.com and we will try and respond within 72 hours.
You will need to know the following to book your zoo excursion or online workshop:
- Education program of your choice (if applicable)
- Preferred date
- School name and address
- Contact details of organising teacher
- Number of students/classes and their year level