Aussie Animal Adventurers
Are you ready to join us for an adventure into the Australian bush?
Play in nature, hear our animal yarns and act out your own stories as you meet Aussie animals up close and learn about the world around you.
Aussie Animal Adventurers gives children the chance to learn about and meet the animals that make this land unique and discover how to become a hero to help save wildlife.
Explore the Sanctuary in small groups, experiencing close up animal encounters and enjoy feature shows and keeper talks. Children will play in nature, learn how to care for the world around them, discover and act out animal stories and learn about Aboriginal culture.
During the day, children will learn about different kinds of animals, their body coverings, features, habitats and life cycles and have the chance to ask questions linked to curriculum priorities.
Children will learn:
- Animals’ unique characteristics, habitats and life-cycles
- How they can help save wildlife
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture
- Sustainability principles
|10.30am: Welcome and introduction to your day with Healesville Sanctuary teacher||15 minutes|
|10.45am – 12pm: Explore the Sanctuary in small groups meeting Sanctuary teachers and attend educational keeper talks||75 minutes|
|11.15am: Tales from Platypus Creek show (optional)||20 minutes|
|12pm: Spirits of the Sky show||25 minutes|
|1pm – 1.45pm: Explore the Sanctuary in small groups meeting Sanctuary teachers and attend educational keeper talks
|1.45pm – 2pm: Healesville Sanctuary teacher check-in as you exit||15 minutes|
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Students have the opportunity to connect with animals, nature and Aboriginal culture to learn ways to care for the world around them and contribute to a sustainable future
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Students will engage in nature play and practice their social skills as they explore a unique bushland setting
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Students will use their senses and imagination as they enjoy up close animal encounters, nature play and dress up as future vets
Plan your excursion
Aussie Animal Adventurers is an outdoor all-weather program; the students will need appropriate clothing for weather conditions. Students should also bring enquiry questions linked to the curriculum and optional digital learning resources.
The organising teacher should make themselves known to Admission Staff via the Members Express Lane to arrange payment. More information