Inclusive Learning: Caring for Animals
A unique experience for students to learn about caring for animals and explore the features they have to survive.
The Activ8 learning space provides students with an outdoor area where they can discover how we care for unique animals at Werribee Open Range Zoo.
Our inclusive learning program gives students with a variety of needs the opportunity to discover how we look after the animals in our care.
Students will have the opportunity to interact with animal enrichment and observe animals in their zoo habitat. Explore a range of tactile items to discover how animals survive and how we help them thrive at the zoo.
We have the ability to support students with:
- Physical disabilities
- Additional Learning Needs
The program addresses the needs of students through:
- Adaptive, teacher-led activities
- Creating opportunities for student-led exploration and the chance to learn about the needs of animals and how we can care for them
- Information is presented both orally and visually to accommodate students with both visual and auditory impairments in addition to students with various learning preferences
- Shorter learning sessions available
|Safari bus tour||40 minutes|
Inclusive Learning Workshop where students will:
|30 minutes (can be shorter to meet needs of students)|
|Explore the zoo – visit animal exhibits, attend educational keeper talks||1 – 4 hours|
Program maps and itineraries
Your booking confirmation email will list your group's education workshop/s and safari bus tour time. Paper maps will be provided to you on the day.
Plan your excursion
Inclusive Learning: Caring for Animals is an outdoor all-weather program; the students will need appropriate clothing for weather conditions. This could include a raincoat, hat and sun protection.
The organising teacher should make themselves known to Admission Staff prior to entering the Zoo so that payment can be made. More information