Life Cycles and The Dreamtime
Dreamtime stories teach us that everything is connected. Discover the connections between animal life cycles, seasonal changes and the environment using augmented reality to explore the night sky and understand Aboriginal culture.
Life Cycles and The Dreamtime brings the wisdom of the Dreamtime to life, allowing students to explore the life cycles of animals and their connections to the environment, seasons, the night sky and Aboriginal culture. On their journey, students will encounter an animal, act out a Dreamtime story and interact with their physical environment using augmented reality all while having a lot of fun!
Students will learn:
- The life cycles and unique features of animals
- Aboriginal connections between the animals, environment, seasons and the night sky
- The power of augmented reality technology to understand the world around us
Session with Healesville Sanctuary teacher where students will:
|12pm: Spirits of the Sky show||25 minutes|
|Outside of your session time: Explore the Sanctuary and attend educational keeper talks||Approx. 3 hours|
Victorian Curriculum F – 2
Living things have a variety of external features and live in different places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter, are met (VCSSU042)
- Students will observe the unique features of Australian animals and plants
Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves (VCSSU043)
- Students will learn about the life stages of Australian animals
Observable changes occur in the sky and landscape; daily and seasonal changes affect everyday life (VCSSU046)
- Through Augmented Reality, students will observe the night sky and relate this to the seasons
Weather and seasons and the ways in which different cultural groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, describe them (VCGGK067)
- Students learn about how seasons are described by the Wurundjeri people
Plan your excursion
Life Cycles and the Dreamtime is an outdoor all-weather program; the students will need appropriate clothing for weather conditions.
The organising teacher should make themselves known to Admission Staff via the Members Express Lane to arrange payment. More information