Life Cycles and The Dreamtime
Bring animal life cycles to life with the help of Dreamtime stories, the night sky and augmented reality.
Life Cycles and The Dreamtime brings the wisdom of the Dreamtime to life, allowing students to explore the life cycles of animals and their connections to the environment, seasons, the night sky and Aboriginal culture. On their journey, students will encounter an animal, act out a Dreamtime story and interact with their physical environment using augmented reality all while having a lot of fun!
Students will learn:
- The life cycles and unique features of animals
- Aboriginal connections between the animals, environment, seasons and the night sky
- The power of augmented reality technology to understand the world around us
Session with Healesville Sanctuary teacher where students will:
|12pm: Spirits of the Sky show||25 minutes|
|Outside of your session time: Explore the Sanctuary and attend educational keeper talks||Approx. 3 hours|
Victorian Curriculum F – 10
Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things (VCSSU057)
- Students will observe and group Australian animals and plants according to their features
Different living things have different life cycles and depend on each other and the environment to survive (VCSSU058)
- Students will learn about the life stages of Australian animals and their connection to the environment
Earth’s rotation on its axis causes regular changes, including night and day (VCSSU061)
- Through Augmented Reality, students will observe the night sky and relate this to the seasons
The many Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout Australia, and the custodial responsibility they have for Country/Place, and how this influences views about sustainability (VCGGK080)
- Students will discover how Wurundjeri ways of living are connected to their environment and its resources
Plan your excursion
Life Cycles and the Dreamtime is an outdoor all-weather program; the students will need appropriate clothing for weather conditions.
The organising teacher should make themselves known to Admission Staff via the Members Express Lane to arrange payment. More information