FE School Program: a zoo-based conservation STEM program
The Fighting Extinction School Program fosters partnerships between Victorian schools and Zoos Victoria by providing teachers with support to engage students in a STEM based unit of work inspired by authentic wildlife conservation issues.
Schools participating in the Fighting Extinction School Program will be supported with:
- Free entry for up to 100 students to a Zoos Victoria property
- Two complimentary passes to a professional learning conference for teachers
- Access to Zoos Victoria’s teacher resource guides
- Student web conferences
- A Professional Learning Webinar to support teachers
- An invitation to the annual Zoos Victoria Fighting Extinction School Showcase
Participation in this program will require the following commitments from participating schools:
- Costs associated with transportation to the zoo
- Student and teacher participation in program evaluation
- Students supported to undertake at least one Zoos Victoria Community Conservation Campaign
For more information about this program please email Genevieve Johnson
Participation in this program is complimentary thanks to the support of program partners the Department of Environment, Land,
Water and Planning (DELWP), the Department of Education and Training (DET) and Catholic Education Commission of Victoria (CECV).