- Visit our zoos
- What's on
- Fighting extinction
- Get involved
- About us
Call of the Wild
Call of the Wild
Book your excursion by calling (03) 9340 2788.
A confirmation will be emailed following your booking.
Civics & Citizenship
- Citizenship, Diversity and Identity
- Geographical Concepts and Skills
- Geographical Knowledge
- Science Understanding
- Understanding Concepts
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Questions and Possibilities
Who will you lend your voice to? This program encourages students to consider the human impact on wildlife and what they can do to save them. Informed by their learnings throughout the day students will be challenged to choose one species to help save from extinction.
Students will discover the diversity and uniqueness of wildlife, as well as the threats animals face in the wild. Students will take the lead in their own inquiry to delve into real life conservation issues and the impact that humans are having on species’ survival.
- Students will be presented with an inquiry question at the introduction and introduced to the focus animal(s). Here they will also receive a lanyard to help them navigate and organise their day.
- The student lanyards will state the time and place for each groups' workshop. At the workshop, students will learn more about the focus animals and what is impacting them in the wild.
- Students can find out more about the animals by attending Keeper Talks and encounters with Zoo staff.
- At the conclusion, student will decide which of the animals they will lend their voice to, this decision will be informed by what they have learnt throughout the day. They will also be invited to join the fight against extinction with Zoos Victoria by adopting a Community Conservation Campaign.
What to bring
Plan your visit
School groups will enter via Rail Gate. The organising teacher must present their booking confirmation and purchase order form to Admission staff prior to students and remaining teachers entering the Zoo.