Discover how to use a community project to teach Personal Development Skills in VCAL.
This on-demand professional development has been designed for VCAL teachers who want their students to plan and carry out their own projects.
You will grow your knowledge, teaching skills and confidence:
- Gain ideas for sparking student interest and curiosity
- Learn up-to-date information and real-world examples
- Discover real ways to consolidate student learning
- Access lesson plans and resources that you can use right away
This series is free for Zoos Victoria members (except for the Teacher Member Movie Night). Not a member? Join here
Friday 8 April, 5.30-9.00pm
Tickets $20 each
Filmed in the magnificent Australian Alps, the documentary Where the Water Starts focuses on:
- The animals and habitats within Kosciuszko National Park
- Caring for Country as a shared responsibility of all Australians
- Aboriginal connection and regenerative science can work together for a better future for people and animals
You will be inspired to teach your students about this wonderful part of Australia.
Recognition: certificate for 3.5 hours of PD
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.1, 3.4, 6.2, 7.4
Book tickets online or call 1300 966 784 to book your place.
Bring your own picnic. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will also be available for purchase on the night.
VCAL for Community Conservation
On-demand at a time that suits you.
During this online PD, you will:
- Learn how to teach about animals and the environment in a positive way
- Discover a framework that will increase the chance of student project success
- Watch behind-the-scenes zoo videos
Recognition: certificate for 1 hour of PD
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 3.2, 3.3
Fighting Extinction Schools Mentoring
Design or enhance educational programs for your class with the support of a highly skilled Zoo Teacher.