Discover how to use real zoo content to teach VCE Biology Unit 2.
You will grow your knowledge, teaching skills and confidence:
- Gain ideas for sparking student interest and curiosity
- Learn up-to-date information and real-world examples
- Discover real ways to consolidate student learning
- Access lesson plans and resources that you can use right away
Here’s the 2023 Calendar.
This series is free for Zoos Victoria members. Not a member? Join now
Unit 2 at the Zoo (VCE Biology)
Thursday 11 May 2023, 9.30am - 3pm
During this one-day workshop, you will:
- Learn strategies for exploring a contemporary bioethical issue
- Consider some examples of Aboriginal knowledge and perspectives of species in Australian ecosystems
- Explore Melbourne Zoo and learn about available resources, including those that look at species adaptations and interdependencies
- Hear from Zoo biologists and talk with Zoo Teachers and other classroom teachers as you develop ideas for your classes
Recognition: certificate for 5 hours of PD
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.1, 3.2, 3.4
Call 1300 966 784 to book your place and let us know your dietary requirements.
We require a minimum of 10 people to go ahead. Cancellation of the event will be made 7 days prior if the minimum is not met.
Fighting Extinction Schools Mentoring
Design or enhance educational programs for your class with the support of a highly skilled Zoo Teacher.