Virtual Excursion | Aussie Animal Adventurers
Students will meet our Aussie icons and learn more about the unique animals who call this continent home.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs during Term 2 in 2020. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
In Aussie Animal Adventurers, Year 3-4 students will learn about different Australian animals, their features, habitats and life cycles. They will explore how animals depend on each other and the environment to survive. They will also consider how science helps people to understand the effects of their actions and care for wildlife.
Students will learn about:
- Animal features, habitats and life cycles
- What animals need in their environment to survive
- Human impacts on wildlife
Aussie Animal Adventurers includes a free 30-minute student webinar. A Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions. Students won’t be on camera and will talk via a chat box.
Student webinars for this program run every week on:
|Mondays 11:10am - 11:40am AEST|
|Mondays 1:40pm - 2:10pm AEST|
|Tuesdays 1:40pm - 2:10pm AEST|
|Wednesdays 11:10am - 11:40am AEST|
|Wednesdays 1:40pm - 2:10pm AEST|
In addition to the student webinar, this Virtual Excursion includes the following teaching resources:
Teaching guide – instructions for activities to do before and after your webinar
Student worksheet – instructions for students to learn independently
Virtual Excursions FAQ - frequently asked questions about our Virtual Excursions
Victorian Curriculum Year 3-4:
- Science – Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be distinguished from non-living things
- Science – Different living things have different life cycles and depend on each other and the environment to survive
- Science – Science knowledge helps people to understand the effects of their actions
- Geography – Types of natural vegetation and the significance of vegetation to the environment, the importance of environments to animals and people, and different views on how they can be protected; the use and management of natural resources and waste, and different views on how to do this sustainably