Virtual Excursion | Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way
Children will engage their senses in nature, explore Aboriginal culture and connect to wildlife and the environment through play and discovery.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a webinar. While not a tour of Healesville Sanctuary, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
In Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way, children will ignite their sense of curiosity and use their senses to explore, play and connect with the natural world. They will discover what makes this land unique, learn about local Wurundjeri connections to wildlife and explore how to care for the environment – just as the Wurundjeri people do. Children will exercise their enquiring minds to learn about animal homes, animal features and what animals need to survive.
Children will learn:
- How to appreciate, respect and care for animals and their environment
- About Wurundjeri culture and local connections to the land
- About different Australian animals and their habitats
- How to explore the natural environment using the senses
Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way includes a free 30-minute student webinar. A Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your children and answer their questions. Children won’t be on camera and will type their questions and ideas.
Webinars run every week from Tuesday 6th October 2020:
- Tuesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
- Wednesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
In addition to the student webinar, this Virtual Excursion includes the following teaching resources:
Nature journal – support for your children’s learning whilst outside
Virtual Excursions FAQ – frequently asked questions about our Virtual Excursions
Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF):
- Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators