add angle-downbadge calendarcard check clockemail exclamation-circleexternal-link-squareexternal-linkfacebook-squarefacebook fighting-extinction gift instagram-squareinstagram linkedin lock logo-healesville-inverse logo-melbourne-inverse logo-werribee-inverse logo-zv-icons logo-zv-inverse logo-zv mime-pdf minus-circlephone pinterest plus-circleremove tick timestwitter-squaretwitter vic-gov youtube


Leadbeaters Possum in handPhoto: Dan Harley.

Including Zoos Victoria in your Will

If you would like to leave a gift to Zoos Victoria in your Will here are some simple options:

  • Residuary bequest: enables you to leave the balance of your estate – once your family and friends have been provided for – to Zoos Victoria. A Residuary Bequest means that you don’t have to amend the gift in your Will if your financial situation changes.
  • Specified amount: you may wish to specify the dollar amount or percentage amount that you would like to bequeath to Zoos Victoria.
  • A perpetuity: you may wish to select a specific amount or percentage of your estate that is provided to Zoos Victoria as a permanent annuity – an annual amount – for a period of years or up to a certain total. In this way, Zoos Victoria can rely on your support with regular gifts into the future.

Your legal advisor can assist in helping you make the right choice.

Choosing the right words

It is important that you use the correct wording in your Will.

Our business details (including the ABN and mailing address) are below and should be included in any official documentation:

Zoological Parks and Gardens Board
PO Box 74
Parkville Victoria 3052
ABN 96 913 959 053
Tel: +61 3 9340 2770

Your solicitor may find the following bequest clause helpful:
“I devise and bequeath to the Zoological Parks and Gardens Board free of all taxes and other deductions [the residue of my estate/ or other type of bequest] to be used for the general purpose of the Zoological Parks and Gardens Board, and the receipt of the Secretary or other proper officer of the said fund shall be sufficient discharge to my Trustee.”

Zoos Victoria provides this information as a guideline only. We strongly recommend that you seek professional guidance from a legal or financial advisor.