Virtual Excursion | Aussie Animal Adventurers Student Webinar (Year 3 - 4)
This webinar is especially for students taking part in the Aussie Animal Adventurers Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Aussie Animal Adventurers webinar, a Zoo Teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-4: Science and Geography
- Learn about Australian animal features, habitats and life cycles
- Explore what an animal needs in its environment to survive
- Consider how humans can care for animals and their habitats
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
- Download Child Safe Standards of Commitment
Webinars run every week from Tuesday 6th October 2020:
- Mondays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
- Mondays 2:45pm - 3:15pm AEDT
- Tuesdays 2:45pm - 3:15pm AEDT
- Wednesdays 2:45pm - 3:15pm AEDT
Webinars are led by student curiosity and offer slightly different animal experiences each time.
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.