Virtual Excursion | Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way Webinar (Early Childhood)
This webinar is designed especially for children taking part in the Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for 3-5 year-old children and answer their questions.
This webinar links to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) Outcome 2 and Outcome 4.
- Learn about different Australian animals and their habitats
- Learn about Wurundjeri culture and local connections to the environment
- Hear Dreamtime stories about Australian wildlife
- Learn how to explore the natural environment using their senses
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple early childhood services
- Children, educators and parents can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your children are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
Webinars run every week from Tuesday 6th October 2020:
- Tuesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
- Wednesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register children for the webinar.
- If children are joining from their own device, they will need to enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable showing children.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know.
- You and/or your children will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, enter the child's first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.