Virtual Excursion | Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way Webinar (Early Childhood)
This webinar is designed especially for children taking part in the Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a webinar. While not a tour of Healesville Sanctuary, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Nature Play the Wurundjeri Way webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your children and answer their questions.
This webinar links to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) Outcome 2 and Outcome 4.
- Learn about different Australian animals and their habitats
- Learn about Wurundjeri culture and local connections to the environment
- Hear Dreamtime stories about Australian wildlife
- Learn how to explore the natural environment using their senses
Virtual Excursion webinars run every week from Tuesday July 14th 2020:
- Tuesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEST
- Wednesdays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEST
How to join:
- Tablet or mobile device – download the free Webex app
- PC or laptop – allow the Webex Events extension file download request
- To enter – provide first name, surname, email address and the login password
- Sessions open 10 minutes before scheduled start
- Participant mic and video will be turned off for the session
- Q & A will be left open for you and your children to communicate with Zoo Teachers
- Educators, parents or guardians need to register on behalf of children and will receive an email with login details