Hop along to Healesville Sanctuary to join in the fun of a Corroboree!
A corroboree is an event where Aboriginal peoples interact with the Dreamtime through dance, music and costume.
At the Frog Corroboree, you will have the chance to learn, participate and immerse yourself in the unique culture of the Wurundjeri people, whilst learning about the critically endangered Southern Corroboree Frog!
Starting with a Welcome to Country by Murrundindi (Wurundjeri Elder), the day is packed with amazing activities:
- Dance with the Djirri Djirri dance group
- Have a go at the Digeridoo
- Learn some of the Woiwurrung language
- Taste traditional bush tucker
- Make damper with Colin Atkinson from Wolithiga Wares
- Create and decorate your own origami Corroboree Frog
- Meet the amazing Zooper Girl
Bring along a picnic blanket and settle in for a great day celebrating Wurundjeri culture.