Outdoor events and functions
Melbourne Zoo is renowned for its natural beauty, from centuries-old manicured gardens to cultivated native habitats like bamboo forests and coastal environments.
Many of these beautiful spots are available for you to enjoy for your next gathering or event.
Lawns and pavillions
The gardens and pavilions scattered throughout the zoo grounds are just right for organised get-togethers with a casual feel – from corporate picnics, family days and club gatherings to picnics with the family.
Choose to spread your picnic rugs on our lawns and relax, or a more intimate sheltered pavilion, where guests can mingle and admire the view.
- We have a total of twelve lawns and six pavilion sections
- General admission tickets are required for all venue bookings. A 50% discount on tickets is applicable to bookings that include catering.
- Tickets must be pre-ordered seven working days prior to your function
- Picnic Pavilion sections can accommodate up to 50 people
- Facilities include a table, lighting, power outlet and water tap
- Outdoor furniture and additional shade structures can be arranged
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vehicle access
Sunset Zoo Dos
Get the wow factor for your next company event and book a Sunset Zoo Do - that's the entire Melbourne Zoo for the evening!
We provide a wonderful wildlife experience in the heart of the city. Take the opportunity to entertain your colleagues and guests in a truly unique setting, surrounded by the sights and sounds of our animals.
We provide keeper talks, entertainment and a personalised venue map.
Zoo Dos are available November through March. They run from 5.30pm–9pm.
Say ‘I do’ at Melbourne Zoo at one of our intimate sites, like the Japanese Garden and lake, Morten Bay Fig Tree, Butterfly House, Australian Bush exhibit or the natural surrounds of the Platypus Lawn.
Ask us about your options or read more about our Wedding Packages. We can help you with providing a red carpet, a registration table, chairs and a license for photography within the zoo grounds.
- Japanese Garden – capacity max. 80 guests
- Platypus Lawn – capacity max. 200 guests
- Morten Bay Fig Tree - capacity max. 150 guests
Contact & Bookings
Get in touch and let us help plan your next event, big or small.
For catered bookings please contact:
Restaurant Associates - Melbourne Zoo Events
p: (03) 9285 9440
instagram I pinterest I facebook
For other queries about outdoor events
phone 1300 966 784