Swags 'n' Snags - Camp information
Keeping you safe
Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our staff, visitors and animals is our priority. We have a number of new measures in place, including:
- Limiting the number of guests at Swags N Snags
- More hand sanitiser stations
- Reminding everyone to practice good hygiene
- Increased cleaning schedules throughout the zoo
- Additional information for staff and
visitors to reduce transmission
- Practice physical distancing at the zoo and stay
5m away from anyone who is not in your group
If you’re not feeling 100% well, please stay home and rest. Just give us a ring on 1300 966 784 before your Swags N Snags experience and we will reschedule it for when you are feeling better. If you develop symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) during your stay, please inform your hosts, return home, rest up and we will contact you shortly.
Arriving and check-in
Swags 'n' Snags check in is 6.00pm. Please meet at the zoo’s service entrance (Gate: 5). The service entrance is located along the
red brick wall, to the left of the main entrance on Elliott Avenue.
After turning off Elliott Avenue, enter through the 1st Carpark entrance, head left & following the red brick wall directly around to Gate 5.
Your hosts will show you where to park overnight inside the zoo grounds and escort you to the camping grounds, within the Growing Wild - Giant Tortoise precinct. There will be multiple camping sites available, with guests setting up & taking down their own Swags on the night.
Please note: cars are parked at your own risk.
We also advise packing light, with the exception of sleeping, clothing, toiletries & safety gear, (etc torches). As vehicle access during your stay will only be available upon camp host request. And will require a buggy to drive guests to their vehicles.
If you are running late on the day please call the camp hosts on 0408 599 667. This phone will be switched on from 5.30pm on the day of your camp.
Itinerary day 1
- 6pm Arrive, Meet your hosts, fellow campers and enjoy some refreshments, including a complimentary glass of sparkling
- 7pm, Select campsite & set-up Swags for the evening,
- 7.30pm, Dinner
- 8.30pm, PM - Night (walking tour)
- 10.30pm, Return to campsite for biscuits & tea
- 11pm, Bedtime - Zzzz
Itinerary day 2
- 7am Wake Up - Call
- 7.30am Breakfast, 2 x options available.
- Smashed Avocado
- Egg & Bacon Hoagie
- 8am AM - Morning (walking tour)
- 9am Check out and say Farewell to your hosts!
- You may enjoy the rest of the day at the zoo if you wish!
The zoo closes at 5pm.
- Canvas Double Swag - that sleeps a maximum of two adults
Please Note: Single bookings (1ppl) will receive, an individual swag and not be paired up with other guests or visitors on the night.
- 1 x In-built double mattress: per Swag
- 2 x Guided walking tours with experienced guides
- Zoo admission for the day after camp
- Refreshments on arrival including a complimentary
glass of sparkling (please BYO alcohol if desired)
- Dinner, snacks, ice-cream and a choice of 2 x breakfast options
- Water, orange juice, soft drink, milk, a selection
of teas and coffee
- Toilets are within walking distance and are open all night
- All Swag N Snag visitors are eligible to receive 10% off all other Behind-the-Scenes + Close Up experiences. However, these MUST be booked prior to the day.
Just give us a ring on 1300 966 784 or enquire upon initial booking.
What to bring
- Sleeping Bag + Pillow
Note: Some visitors may not find the built in mattress enough on the night, so if concerned, we encourage guests, to bring an additional sleeping bag or doona for extra cushioning.
- Personal toiletries, soaps and medications
- Warm clothes and pyjamas
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Torch or Head Torch
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- A sense of adventure!
- If you would like to enjoy any alcohol during your stay, you’re welcome to BYO. For safety reasons, please don’t go overboard on the drinks. We do reserve the right to remove disruptive visitors from the campsite.
What not to bring
There are a few things we ask you to please leave at home:
- Pets (we love animals, but pets and lions don’t mix)
- Balloons, balls, cap guns and other things that may
irritate other guests
- Bikes, skateboards and rollerblades
- Whistles or musical instruments
- If you are unwell, stay home and rest up. Let us know
before your overnight experience if you are not feeling 100% and
we will reschedule it for when you are feeling better.
Terms and conditions
Minimum Age - 18yrs.
This is an Adults ONLY experience.
Swags N Snags is a seasonal all-weather program. However, we may cancel camps due to unsafe weather conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, you will be notified in advance and rebooked for another day, or payment will be refunded. It is always regrettable when a guest needs to cancel their overnight experience. However, to cancel your booking, please call us on 1300 966 784. If you need to cancel your Swags ‘n’ Snags experience for any reason other than illness, compassionate grounds or other extreme circumstances, the following cancellation terms apply:
• Reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event
• No refund or reschedule available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the event date