Roar 'n' Snore overnight camp
All events have been cancelled until further notice. More information
Feast and slumber overnight in the historic elephant exhibit of Melbourne Zoo
Dine in the Elephant House, explore the Zoo after dark, and listen to wild animal stories from your hosts before settling into your private tent for a night amongst the wildlife.
Wake in the morning to the calls of gibbons and birds and enjoy breakfast before a chance to meet the keepers and experience up-close animal encounters and life behind the scenes.
You're then free to spend the day exploring the rest of the Zoo.
Melbourne Zoo provides:
- Tents and camping mattresses
- Dinner, supper, and breakfast
- Admission to the Zoo the following day
You need to bring:
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- A sense of adventure
Looking for a unique gift idea? Zoos Victoria gift cards are now available. Phone 1300 966 784 to order yours now or email for more information.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to the booked camp will receive a full refund
- Cancellations received 15–29 days prior will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations received 14 days or less will not be eligible for a refund
- Transfers to an alternate date must be made no less than 7 days prior to the camp date
Roar 'n' Snore is an all-weather program, however Melbourne Zoo may choose to cancel specific camp dates due to inclement weather or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, guests will be notified in advance and dates rescheduled, or full payment will be refunded.