Swags Under the Stars
You’ve never camped like this before: delight in an after-hours Melbourne Zoo overnight experience like no other
Settle in on arrival, with a glass of sparkling and indulge in a snack or two.
As you get to know your animal neighbours, camp hosts, fellow group members and become familiar with your Swag accommodation for the night.
Journey on an intimate and guided night tour to experience the zoo after the sun goes down.
Enjoy a barbeque-style dinner and ice cream dessert, plus your choice of smashed avo or bacon and egg hoagie for breakfast the following morning, accompanied by a barista made coffee or tea.
Finally, see if you can catch some of the wildlife munching their breakfast on a hosted morning walk. Then make the most of inclusive zoo admission for the day and wander at your leisure.
Melbourne Zoo provides:
- Swags, in-built double mattress
- Snacks, dinner, ice-cream and breakfast
- Daily Melbourne Zoo admission - Following day
What to bring?
- Sleeping bag and pillows (Some visitors may not find the built in mattress enough on the night, we suggest, if able bringing an additional sleeping bag or blanket for extra cushioning).
- Personal toiletries, soaps, medications
- Pyjamas + change of clothes for following day
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Torch or headtorch
- If you would like to enjoy any alcohol during your stay, you’re most welcome to BYO. However, for safety reasons, please don’t go overboard, as we do reserve the right to remove disruptive guests from the campsite.
Looking for a unique gift idea? Zoos Victoria gift cards are now available. Phone 1300 966 784 to order yours now or email for more information.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Swags Under the Stars is a seasonal all-weather program. However, we may cancel overnight or PM experiences due to unsafe weather conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, you will be notified in advance and rebooked for another day, or payment will be refunded. It is always regrettable when a guest needs to cancel their experience. However, in the event of an emergency, to cancel your booking, please call us on 1300 966 784.
If you need to cancel your Swags Under the Stars experience for any reason other than illness, compassionate grounds or other extreme circumstances, the following cancellation terms apply:
For cancellations notified:
- Reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event date
- No reschedule or refund available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the event day