Virtual Excursion | Primate Evolution Student Webinar (VCE)
This webinar is designed especially for students taking part in the Primate Evolution Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Primate Evolution webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum VCE Biology Unit 4.
Students will learn:
- Anatomical and behavioural characteristics of primates, hominoids and hominins
- Processes that underpin speciation of primates and humans
- How to use phylogenetic trees to identify relatedness of species
- How to collect and analyse behavioural observation data
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
- Download Child Safe Standards of Commitment
Webinars run from Tuesday 6th October 2020:
- Wednesday 7th October 4:15pm - 4:45pm AEDT
- Wednesday 14th October 4:15pm - 4:45pm AEDT
- Wednesday 21st October 4:15pm - 4:45pm AEDT
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.