Virtual Excursion | Primate Evolution Student Webinar (VCE)
This webinar is designed especially for students taking part in the Primate Evolution Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
Download the teaching guide and activities for this program.
During the Primate Evolution webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum VCE Biology, Unit 4
Students will learn:
- Anatomical and behavioural characteristics of primates, hominoids and hominins
- Processes that underpin speciation of primates and humans
- How to use phylogenetic trees to identify relatedness of species
- How to collect and analyse behavioural observation data
Virtual Excursion webinars run every week from Tuesday July 14th 2020:
- Tuesdays 9:15am - 9:45am AEST
- Wednesdays 4:15pm - 4:45pm AEST
- Thursdays 9:15am - 9:45am AEST
- Fridays 9:15am - 9:45am AEST
How to join:
- Tablet or mobile device – download the free Webex app
- PC or laptop – allow the Webex Events extension file download request
- To enter – provide first name, surname, email address and the login password
- Sessions open 10 minutes before scheduled start
- Participant mic and video will be turned off for the session
- Q & A will be left open for students to communicate with Zoo Teachers
- Teachers, parents or guardians need to register on behalf of students and will receive an email with login details