Endangered animals: Good News Stories on Threatened Species Day (Year 5 - 8)
Student web conference
We hear a lot of doom and gloom about the state of the environment, but there are many good news stories, too. Hear from some of the people who dedicate their careers to brining endangered animals back from the brink and learn more about what they do.
Register your students and join us live using Adobe Connect on a computer (hooked up to a screen or interactive whiteboard) or electronic device. You will watch a live video stream and will need sound to hear the conversation. Students will be able to type questions via a live chat box - no camera or microphone is required.
This student web conference links to Victorian Curriculum Levels 5-8: Science, Geography, Sustainability and Ethical Capabilities.
- Hear from experts in species recovery about the work they do to save animals from extinction
- Learn how STEM skills are used to address real-world conservation challenges
- Have the chance to ask questions stemming from your curriculum focus
- Increase positive connections with wildlife through empathy and compassion
- Learn more about how Zoos Victoria is fighting extinction
Zoos Victoria uses Adobe Connect to deliver web conferences, registered participants will be sent a unique URL prior to the web conference.