Endangered Birds: Helmeted Honeyeater (Year 3 - 6)
Zoos Victoria is offering free student webinars. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
Hear from a zoo expert to learn more about the Helmeted Honeyeater, Victoria’s charismatic bird emblem, and the efforts to protect this incredible species from extinction.
This student webinar links with the Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-6: Science.
- Hear from a Zoos Victoria expert about what it takes to save the Helmeted Honey Eater and other species from extinction
- Ask questions stemming from your curriculum focus
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
This webinar will be run on:
- Thursday 16th October 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEDT
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.