Endangered Mammals: Tasmanian Devil (Year 1 - 4)
Zoos Victoria is offering free student webinars. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
The Tasmanian Devil is pretty special. Apart from being the largest living carnivorous marsupial in the world, it is a symbol of the Apple Isle, but ‘Taz’ is under threat to its survival. Hear first-hand experiences from a zoo expert about what it takes to protect such a unique and renowned animal.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 1-4: Science.
- Hear from Zoos Victoria’s experts to learn more about the Tasmanian Devil and what can be done to protect it and other endangered species
- Ask questions stemming from your curriculum focus
This webinar will be run:
- Thursday 6th August 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
How to join:
- Tablet or mobile device – download the free Webex app
- PC or laptop – allow the Webex Events extension file download request
- To enter – provide first name, surname, email address and the login password
- Sessions open 10 minutes before scheduled start
- Participant mic and video will be turned off for the session
- Q & A will be left open for students to communicate with Zoo Teachers
- Teachers, parents or guardians need to register on behalf of students and will receive an email with login details