Love Your Locals – Q & A (Years 3 – 6)
Student webinars designed especially for Years 3 – 6 students who are participating in the Love Your Locals program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Love Your Locals – English and Science projects during Term 2 in 2020. Each program comes with a teaching guide, student activities and a webinar.
Hosted by a Zoos Victoria teacher, this 30-minute webinar workshop is especially for Year 3-6 students, who are participating in the Love Your Locals program.
Students can join the webinar using a website link or the Adobe Connect app on their tablet or phone. They will need speakers or headphones to hear the conversation and a keyboard to type their questions into the chat box. No camera or microphone is required.
These student webinars link to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-6: English and Science.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions for a Zoos Victoria teacher
- Hear stories and information about the Orange-bellied Parrot or Plains-wanderer
- Learn about how Zoos Victoria is helping these species in the wild
Student webinars for this program run every week from May 4:
- Orange-bellied Parrot - Tuesdays 11:10am - 11:40am AEST
- Plains-wanderer - Wednesdays 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
Teachers or parent/guardians need to register on behalf of students. Complete the registration form below and you will receive instructions about how to join the webinar.