Love your Locals: Victorian Grasslands, OBPs and EBBs (Year 5 - 8)
Zoos Victoria is offering free student webinars. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
Werribee Open Range Zoo sits within some of the last remaining native grassland in Victoria. A number of species call this unique habitat home including the threatened Orange-bellied Parrott and the Eastern Barred Bandicoot. Meet experts and learn all about these amazing local species and find out what you can do to help them thrive.
This student webinar links with the Victorian Curriculum Levels 5-8: Science.
- Connect with experts to learn about critically endangered species
- Learn about Victoria’s most endangered grassland ecosystem and what has caused change over time
- Learn about two of our critically endangered Victorian species- the Eastern Barred Bandicoot and the Orange-bellied Parrot and what we’re doing to help
- Get a chance to ask questions and interact with zoo educators and keepers
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
- Download Child Safe Standards of Commitment
This webinar will be run on:
- Wednesday 26th November 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEDT
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.