Science Good News Stories (Year 3 – 4)
Year 3-4 students will meet scientists and hear good news stories on National Threatened Species Day.
On National Threatened Species Day, celebrate the animals that share our world with us. This webinar will inspire Year 3-4 students by engaging them in real and hopeful stories about endangered animals.
Your students will meet scientists who are working at the zoo and in the wild. They will share stories about how endangered animals are being brought back from the brink.
Students will learn:
- The life cycles, features and habitats of local endangered animals
- What a zoo scientist does in their work
- How communities are working together to help wild animals
- How science skills are used in real-life conservation projects
Victorian Curriculum 3-4
Science knowledge helps people to understand the effects of their actions (VCSSU056)
- Students will meet zoo scientists and hear about how they use science skills and knowledge in their daily work
Different living things have different life cycles and depend on each other and the environment to survive (VCSSU058)
- Students will learn about the life cycles, features and habitats of local endangered animals
Plan your webinar
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar