STEM Design Challenge Q & A
These student webinars are especially for students taking part in the STEM Design Challenge - Animals at Home .
In the STEM Design Challenge, Foundation to Year 10 students design solutions for animals featured in the Animals at Home live streams. Students will use their STEM skills, knowledge and an engineering framework called Design Thinking. They are also invited to share a video of their design with their peers and Zoos Victoria.
This program is being offered for free as part of Zoo Education Online during Term 2 in 2020.
Students can join a webinar using a website link or the Adobe Connect app on their tablet or phone. They will need speakers or headphones to hear the conversation and a keyboard to type their questions into the chat box. No camera or microphone is required.
These student webinars link to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 7-10: Science, Design & Technologies, Mathematics, Critical and Creative Thinking
In these webinars students will:
- Meet a zoo teacher and hear about the STEM Design Challenge
- Gain an understanding about the animal they have chosen in their Design Brief
- Get feedback on their design ideas
- Ask lots of questions
Student webinars for this program run every week:
- Penguins - Wednesdays 2:30pm – 3:00pm AEST
- Zebra - Wednesdays 1:40pm – 2:10pm AEST
- Giraffe - Fridays 11:10am – 11:40am AEST
- Lions - Wednesdays 1:40pm – 2:10pm AEST
Teachers or parent/guardians need to register on behalf of students. Complete the registration form below and you will receive instructions about how to join the webinar.