STEM in action - Careers at Werribee Zoo (Year 9 - 12)
Zoos Victoria is offering free student webinars. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
Think STEM doesn’t apply outside the classroom? Think again. At Werribee Open Range Zoo we use STEM skills every day to care for and protect wildlife. Join us as we show you the variety of ways STEM helps us in our daily work and gain a unique insight into career opportunities at the zoo.
This student webinar links to Victorian Curriculum Levels 9-10 and VCE: Careers development/Career Pathways/STEM in action/VCAL.
- Learn about the variety of careers at Werribee Zoo
- Learn about how STEM is used daily to help fight extinction of wildlife
- Ask Zoo staff questions about their careers
This webinar will be run:
- Thursday 17th September 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.
- The session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A