Teach STEM Using Design Thinking (Year 3 - 6)
Teacher web conference
Especially for Year 3-6 teachers, this 1-hour webinar will explore how to use Design Thinking in your STEM curriculum. Using this engineering framework and teaching tool helps student teams tackle real-world problems and brings learning to life. Explore each stage of Design Thinking and gain a toolbox of ideas that you can use right away. You will also find out more about Zoos Victoria’s STEM Design Challenge, which runs twice a year.
You will learn:
- How to teach each stage of Design Thinking
- How to combine different learning areas as part of the STEM curriculum
- Case studies of how Design Thinking has been used by other teachers
- How STEM is being taught at Victoria’s three great zoos
This workshop links to Victorian curriculum levels 3-6: Science, Design and Technologies, Mathematics, Critical and Creative Thinking.
Mapped to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, it is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following:
- Standard 3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
You will explore a range of teaching strategies and ways to design curriculum content
- Standard 3.4 Select and Use resources
You will have access to Zoos Victoria’s STEM Teaching Guides
- Standard 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities
You will be able to talk with other teachers through the webinar chat box and ask questions of the webinar panellists
You will receive a certificate for professional development hours.
Please complete this form to register and participate this free teacher web conference.
Zoos Victoria uses Adobe Connect to deliver web conferences, registered participants will be sent a unique URL prior to the web conference. You will be watching a live video stream and you will need to be able to listen to the conversation. You can type your comments and questions, so no camera or microphone is required.