Virtual Excursion | Animal Classification and Adaptations Student Webinar
This webinar is designed especially for students taking part in the Animal Classification and Adaptations Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs during the time of remote learning. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Animal Classification and Adaptations webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
Students can join a webinar using a website link or the Adobe Connect app on their tablet or phone. They will need speakers or headphones to hear the conversation and a keyboard to type their questions into the chat box. No camera or microphone is required.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Level 7-8: Science
- Explore animals’ structural and behavioural adaptations in a variety of ways
- Develop their understanding of the world of animal classification
- Ask a Zoo Teacher their animal adaptations and classification questions
- Consider how to apply what they’ve learnt in order to protect wildlife
Student webinars for this program run every week from May 4:
- Tuesdays 1:40pm - 2:10pm AEST
- Wednesdays 10:00am - 10:30am AEST
- Thursdays 11:10am - 11:40am AEST
Teachers or parent/guardians need to register on behalf of students. Complete the registration form below and you will receive instructions about how to join the webinar.