Virtual Excursion | Sustaining Life in an Ecosystem Student Webinar
This webinar is especially for students taking part in the Sustaining Life in an Ecosystem Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs during the time of remote learning. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Sustaining Life in an Ecosystem webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
Students can join a webinar using a website link or the Adobe Connect app on their tablet or phone. They will need speakers or headphones to hear the conversation and a keyboard to type their questions into the chat box. No camera or microphone is required.
This student webinar links to Unit 1 of the VCE Biology Unit 1 – Area of Study 2, Outcome 2.
- Look at various types of adaptations
- Explore the mechanisms of homeostasis, namely negative feedback loops
- Learn about the interconnections and relationships of a keystone species
- Collect and interpret real-world data to support animal behaviour studies
Student webinars for this program run every week from May 4:
- Mondays 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
- Tuesdays 9:10am - 9:40am AEST
- Thursdays 9:10am - 9:40am AEST
- Fridays 9:10am - 9:40am AEST
Teachers or parent/guardians need to register on behalf of students. Complete the registration form below and you will receive instructions about how to join the webinar.