Virtual Excursion | Wild Explorers Student Webinar (Foundation - Year 2)
This webinar is designed especially for students taking part in the Wild Explorers Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Wild Explorers webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels F-2: Science
- Hear stories about what makes animals special
- Discover what an animal needs to survive
- Learn about how to care for animals and the environment in which they live
Virtual Excursion webinars run every week from Tuesday July 14th 2020:
- Australian Animals - Mondays 12:00pm - 12:30pm AEST
- Life Cycles - Tuesdays 12:00pm - 12:30pm AEST
- Life Cycles - Wednesdays 12:00pm - 12:30pm AEST
- African Animals - Wednesdays 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
- African Animals - Fridays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEST
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.
- The session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A