CANCELLED | Water, Waste and Wildlife: Innovations for the future of our waterways (Year 3 - 10)
This PD has been cancelled until further notice. Please visit this webpage for more information.
Through the lens of marine and freshwater wildlife, teachers will learn how to engage students’ critical thinking to help solve conservation challenges and environmental issues. Hear from inspirational conservation educators and scientists to discover how to you can incorporate real-world challenges into your curriculum to create more meaningful and impactful learning experiences.
On the day you will:
- Hear from a range of conservation educators and scientists
- Explore how to use real-world challenges to build critical and creative thinking skills in students
- Access a range of teacher resources and activities
- Discover how to use Zoos Victoria’s community conservation projects to empower students to become innovative, active citizens
- Meet with like-minded peers and discuss curriculum ideas
This professional development supports links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 3-10: Science and Critical and Creative Thinking, and is mapped to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following:
- Standard 3.2 Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
You will explore a range of teaching strategies and ways to design curriculum content
- Standard 3.4 Select and Use resources
You will investigate the ways in which we can connect and engage our students with these essential ecosystems, take action to monitor and contribute to data through citizen science projects
- Standard 7.4 Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities
You will discuss with a professional teaching community including science experts, school colleagues, external teachers and Zoo educators, to share ideas, approaches and resources that enhance teaching practice and student learning
You will receive a certificate for professional development hours.
Morning tea, vegetarian lunch and afternoon tea provided.