Wildlife and Waste: Sustainability (Year 5 - 8)
Student web conference
Zoos Victoria is offering free student webinars. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
Zoos Victoria has ‘zero waste to landfill’ at each of its properties... learn all the STEM skills required to make this complex, real-world challenge a reality! Join our sustainability experts to discover what sustainability looks like at the zoo, why it is important and how it contributes to wildlife conservation.
This student web conference links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 5-8: Science, Geography, Sustainability .
- Hear from Zoos Victoria’s sustainability expert about how we address complex, real-word, sustainability challenges at the zoo
- Learn how to apply STEM skills to address real-world conservation challenges
- Ask questions stemming from your curriculum focus
This webinar will be run:
- Friday 14th August 2:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.
- The session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A